QHC awarded Accreditation with Exemplary Standing – 2 Accreditation evaluations in a row!
Quinte Health Care (QHC) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded Accreditation with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada. This designation is the highest award available through the hospital accreditation program.
QHC met 100 per cent of the Required Organizational Practices categorized in six safety areas: Safety Culture, Communication, Medication Use, Worklife/Workforce, Infection Control, and Risk Assessment. QHC also met 99.4 per cent of Accreditation Canada standards; the criteria and guidelines required to provide high-quality care and service.
In its final report, Accreditation Canada made note of some of QHC’s strengths. For example:
- A key strength is the staff and physicians who provide care. Teamwork is clearly evident.
- Patients expressed sincere appreciation for their care and felt respected, informed and well cared for.
- The QHC Board of Directors’ identification of quality and patient safety as a key strategic priority, and the organization’s passion and commitment to pursuing this priority despite significant fiscal constraint.
- The hospitals are viewed by community partners as collaborative, responsive and very prepared to engage with the community.
- A strong focus on healthy workplace, with much work done to address supports for workplace violence and work done to support enhancing respectful relationships among staff and physicians.
- Providing opportunities for learning and professional development for staff and physicians in both formal and informal leadership positions.
- Engaging staff and physicians in the identification of quality improvement initiatives and assisting them to take ownership of these initiatives, which has created momentum and excitement for change to improve quality, patient safety and efficiency.
- Inviting Patient Experience Partners to provide input and the voice of the patient and/or family member in a number of programs and projects.
“These are fantastic results and I’m not surprised,” said Mary Clare Egberts, QHC’s President and CEO. “I know how dedicated and passionate our staff, physicians, volunteers and Board of Directors are. Every single one of them, no matter what role they play, is making a difference for our patients. I’m incredibly proud.”
“Quinte Health Care’s four hospitals are exceptional places to receive care,” said Stuart Wright, Board Chair. “Our staff and physicians are second to none and we’re honoured to receive such high praise and recognition from Accreditation Canada.”
This is the second consecutive time QHC has attained Exemplary Standing – having received the highest standing in the last Accreditation Canada evaluation in May 2015.