Community Commitment Program for Nurses – $25,000
The Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) was created by Ontario Health (Health Force Ontario) to attract Registered Nurses (RNs), Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs), and Nurse Practitioners (NPs) to work in Ontario. This incentive provides $25,000 to eligible nurses in exchange for a two-year commitment.
To be eligible for the CCPN, a nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than March 31, 2024;
- Commit to 24-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
Need more information? View details here.
Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Qualifying Quinte Health locations: North Hastings Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital)
To be eligible for Canada Student Loan forgiveness you must have:
- Started your current employment (full-time, part-time or casual) as an eligible medical professional (family doctor, resident in family medicine, nurse practitioner, or nurse) in an under-served rural or remote community on or after July 1, 2011
- Been employed for a full year (12 consecutive months) in an under-served rural or remote community (this does not apply to residents in family medicine)
- Provided in-person services for a minimum of 400 hours in that community
- A Canada Student Loan that is in good standing.
Note: You can apply for Canada Student Loan forgiveness for family doctors and nurses if you are enrolled in full-time or part-time studies, are currently repaying your student loan, or are in your 6-month non-repayment period. If your Canada Student Loan is in repayment, you must continue to make your regular monthly payments.